Thursday, March 26, 2009

Book Club!

I've been on a year long pursuit to start a book club. Yes, I could have simply joined one and be done with it. But no. I wanted my friends to read books with me, and then talk about them with me. I love my friends, but let's be honest, I am fully aware that this was wishful thinking on my end. We've been complaining throughout our entire education about teachers and professors forcing us to read books and then forcing us to pretend to care about another person's dreadfully boring insights. So, you can see how this was difficult for me.

However, my wonderful, lovely little, Julie, and I have decided to read the same book at the same time. Of course she would be the one to help me fulfill my dream of a book club. Even if it is only the two of us, I have to admit excited to be reading books with someone else again. So sue me, I was an English major. I have a burning desire deep down to read books, discuss them with others, and then think about a paper I could possibly write. The best part is the papers don't actually have to be written this time!
We are reading The Catcher in the Rye. I know, this is a book I should have read ages ago in high school. For some reason it managed to skip over me throughout my entire education. As they say, it's never too late.

Welp, here's to the first of many postings, and here's to the beginning of our two person book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment