Friday, May 22, 2009

...A Year Later

I've been terribly busy. Very busy.

Since I've last treated my five (5) followers with an entry, I have accomplished many things in life. Although my viewing of 17 Again is holding steady in my list of adventures, since then I have also managed to:

1. NOT finish Catcher in the Rye

2. Start and finish two other novels. Catcher in the Rye maybe has 100 pages. Maybe it's not meant to be.

3. See Star Trek (absolutely amazing) and Angels and Demons (even Tom Hanks makes bad decisions sometimes. But hey, he still gets paid. And is awesome.)

4. Write an entire "How To" guide for this job. I only started last week...I don't know what that means, but it means something.

5. Begin the process of sending out an email mail merge to over 4000 people.

6. NOT start packing for myhuge, intense move to a new city in T-minus two weeks.

Exciting stuff.

But...and here's the Big But.

I'm ready. I am ready for a challenge. I'm ready to take on unemployment, apply to grad school, follow my destiny, watch all five seasons of "Lost"...again. It's been a year since I graduated from BU and it's been nice witnessing a new class of former over-achievers grab their diplomas, ready to run. I wish them all the best of luck. That's what I did: grabbed my diploma, held on with a death-like grip, made like a baton-wielding relay runner and took off sprinting. In circles.

I'm not sure what's happened in this past year. However, for all the complaining I did, I find myself looking back with fond memories. Maybe I needed this year to let myself run around and figure out which direction is the best for continued sprinting. I still have my diploma clutched tightly in hand, but I'm ready to explore what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment