Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Accomplishments of Unemployment

Yesterday I made guacamole from scratch. A feat I've accomplished before, but usually it's for a reason such as a party, gathering, Mexican Night, what have you. This time, I made it because as a member of the Unemployed Elite, I have a lot of time to fill and need feel the need to fill it productively (on top of the hours spent on cover letters). So, in honor of this idea, I made it a goal to try to accomplish one seemingly out of the ordinary feat per day and document it. On top of my unending search through all the websites, newspapers, and emails for a job, I will attempt to do something I've been talking about, thinking about, and meaning to do at least once a day. The plan is that this will continue after I finally accomplish the job deal.

The other day I made a bracelet from the Valentine's Day Friendship Bracelet Kit Zack got me. Yesterday I made guacamole. Today I made fudge (and I think it's low fat fudge, because I used low fat items, but that could really mean nothing, so who knows, but it'd be fun to pretend that it's not as bad for you as it could be...but I digress). Let's see what I am able to accomplish!
It's definitely not professional, but I like it.

What is now left of my guac. Mmm!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enthralled with your blog. Please write everyday, purely for my enjoyment. I need things to do when I'm fed up at work :) Plus, your unemployment accomplishments are 1,000,000 times more exciting then my employed...hmm... we really won't call the "accomplishments" now will we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have a suggestion for the guacamole: avocado goes smashed, not chopped. I regret my comment only if the avocado itself wasn't ripe enough lol.

    Still looks yummy :)

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete