Monday, July 13, 2009

My Unemployment Crutch is the Disney Channel

An interesting thing has happened in the last month and a half of my unemployment adventure. Whereas some of the unemployed turn to alcohol, food, perhaps a semi-illegal substances during this time period, I have turned to the Disney Channel. Yes the Disney Channel. I'm talking about all of the Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana...), Wizards of Waverly Place, Sonny with a Chance, High School Musicals 1 and 2 (HM3 is far too big to simply be played on the actual channel) ridiculousness that has infected the youth of the new millenium has now, also affected me. I know the story line of Wizards of Waverly Place, and I know the Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez are in fact best friends in real life. In my defense, I'm not a huge fan of those twins from Suite Life of Whatever, or of the Jonas Brothers (show or otherwise). But, I understand if that's not much of a defense. This might not surprise some because of my admitted attraction to Zac Efron - which has somewhat waned - but it is a surprise to my Law and Order, CSI: Las Vegas, How I Met Your Mother loving self. Somewhere deep inside, I have the desire to be constantly cheered up by attractive actors in bright colored studio televsion sets with the ability to wrap up a problem in 30 minutes or less. And this desire is being filled by the Disney Channel. I'm sure there's some sort of psychological issue there. Oh well, I'm sure there's a Disney show about it coming right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment